Neptune Plumbing Delivery Driver/ Warehouse Department
We Are Hiring!
The Warehouse-Delivery Driver has been established for the purpose of providing support to the warehousing operations with specific responsibilities of transporting orders over designated routes; ensuring safe operation of vehicles; and loading and unloading orders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivers tools and material to the plumbers in the field
- Drives vehicles (e.g. truck, van, forklift, trailer, etc.) for the purpose of transporting orders and materials to designated sites.
- Loads and unloads trucks for the purpose of receiving stock and/or filling orders for transport.
- Maintains delivery vehicles (e.g. checking fluid levels, fueling, cleaning, etc.) to ensure safe operation of vehicle.
- Maintains records (e.g. delivery log, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and providing reliable resource information.
- Performs all functions within the scope of the warehouse
- Assist warehouse manager with warehouse duties as needed
- Help maintain warehouse cleanliness
- Prepares orders by pulling from stock for the purpose of meeting delivery requirements and return requirements.
- Pulls orders for the purpose of ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
Necessary and desirable qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to safety practices in the warehouse
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to operate work van, forklift, stake body truck, trailer and other warehouse equipment necessary
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Team player with organizational skills
- Ability to lift or move heavy products
- Ability to work independently
- Capability to manage your time
- Excellent skills in both verbal and written communication
- High school diploma or equivalent
- one year previous driving experience needed
- pervious plumbing experience a plus
Days and hours of work required of this position are generally Monday through Friday, first shift work. Weekend or evening hours may be required from time-to-time. When operations demand, overtime work may be necessary. This position works in a warehouse setting with some outdoor exposure during the workday.
This position may also require the ability to be crawling, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, reaching, and ability to lift heavy objects in excess of 50 pounds and pushing and pulling of objects. Other requirements may include wearing eye protection/safety googles, hard hat, steel toe boots, gloves and high visibility vest. Temperature extremes (hot or cold) can occur.
Reasonable accommodations can be made to employees with qualified disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the job, so long as there is no undue hardship created upon the organization or other employees within the organization.
Regular, supervisor is normally available for help and advice.
No direct reports
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, qualifications or physical demands associated with the position.
If you are ready to apply, please forward resume in word or pdf with salary history & requirements to email@example.com.